Friday, August 02, 2013

Cross Country


My heart pounded as I began to run around the field. Flicking grass tingled against my legs. I could feel my body getting hotter and hotter like I was next to the sun. My eyes watched other people zoom past me at a million miles an hour, trying to get one more popsicle stick I picked up the pass and then slowed back down. The taste of new air filled my mouth with pleasure. Picking up the pace I grabbed the stick from Miss Mack and was off. I could hear stomps of shoes sprinting towards me. People puffing around me to get a higher stick. Almost at the forth stick I began to run faster to reach one higher stick than last time. I slowed down not to waste all my energy. The air was fill with a stinky smell of sweaty shoes and socks surrounding me as I ran. As we ran back into class I had a huge drink of water. The water was smooth as it trickled down my boiling throat.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome vocabulary.
    Love the effort you put in it.

    ReplyDelete