Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Skiing Tragety

It was a beautiful winters day up at Mount Ruapehu. I was going skiing with my cousins Harvey, Erin ,Fleur and my Uncle Mat. We geared up in all our warm clothes ski boots and all carried our skis down the hill to the chairlift. We waited for everyone to get to the chairlift once we were all there got on the chairlift and it took us to the top. I was with Fleur going up we were on the real slow chairlift.

When we were at the top we waited again for the others and skied down the mountain Fleur ,Erin and I practiced what we learnt from our ski instructor Dave the day before. The place we skied down was called rock garden there was rocks sticking out not covered by snow because it did not snow much. We went down a few times, this time on the faster chairlift

When I was going up the chairlift with Erin were happily chatting about what Erin wanted for her birthday. She wanted Erin the firebird fairy book. When we were near the top I put the bar up. Erin wiggled forward ready to get off while I looked back and pushed the bar up. Erin wiggled too far and fell four metres on to the ground. When I looked back and said Erin and she was not there and she was falling to the ground luckily we were almost at the end. I was yelling at the man that she fell he finally listened to me and went inside the hut and called Ski Patrol. I skied off dodged ten people and skied down to where Erin was. Where two snowboarders were helping her take off one of the ski’s that was twisted. Soon Mat and Fleur arrived Erin was screaming. Fleur went and found Harvey. My Mum also came up the chairlift on her first run.

A man named Mike from Ski Patrol came he asked Erin a few questions and called some other men. One of the other men held her head. The other one brought a stretcher down they took the plastic orange board out and  undid all the ropes. They put a neck supporter around her neck. They tied it back up and put the orange board in a metal box or something. Ski patrol put their skis on and took Erin down the mountain to the medial centre. Mat followed closely down with them. Then Toni came looking worried she waited with us for a moment and told her about erin and she started skiing down the mountain as well fleur and I followed he. While my Mum was left putting her skis on once at the bottom we put our skis on a rack and asked a lady where the medical centre was.

When we were there we waited for my mum because we did not want to ring the bell. When my mum was close we rung the bell and the nurse came out and told us the doctor was checking her so we waited in the waiting room with my Mum. My dad came out with Pippi and my mum took her down to Happy Valley and pick Oscar up. Fleur complained of being thirsty so my Dad gave us 5 dollars to spend so we went and got a drink while erin was getting checked. We went back to the medical centre and drank it. When we had just finished the nurse said me and Fleur were allowed to come in and see Erin she was looking much better from when she feel. But still she was going to Taupo Hospital to get an x-ray. Erin went to hospital by ambulance.
Erin had a really rough 24 hours!!! Getting a bump on her head and a falling off the chairlift.
I was really worried about Erin that night she must of been sore. It felt scary just seeing Erin fall. I really wish this never will happen again but it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment