Monday, July 08, 2013

Floating forest adventure

Crashing of waves as we sailed around us. Waves smacked around our small boat. Drops of the salty water flicked against our faces   Something came into sight what was it I sailed closer there was trees even closer we realised that it was a abandoned ship with trees growing on it. We got excited and wanted to get there more than ever.  After ten minutes we were there at the boat we wondered why it had trees on it.


Charlotte wanted to get inside we sailed around there was a trap door. Pulling and heaving the boat almost slipped away and charlotte and i almost fell in. The trap door was creaking so we tried again at last it swung open. It was a tight squeeze we tied our boat to the little hand of the trap door. Spider webs everywhere we looked it was thin we came to the end. Charlotte and I came into this area covered with trees. We began to explore floorboards creaked as we walked it felt like eyes looking down at us.


Charlotte headed for the thick trees she screamed” ahhhhhhh,” there was something in there charlotte whispered to me. We creeped closer” anyone there ” I  yelled. no reply. I Creeped even close charlotte stayed back, I soon came to the end I called out to charlotte to come. When she got there I said it might be the wind” “are you sure said charlotte. We headed back  on the way back charlotte stumbled on something what was it we both looked down a golden key. We ran back to where the trap door was. Puzzled charlotte and I looked around for a door charlotte said lets look back in all the trees. Looking as we walked I stepped right on to a wooden plank.


I kneeled down charlotte came over I knocked on it the was an echo me and charlotte heaved to see if we could move it. Heaving and heaving the wood came flying off there was a thin rope charlotte wondered if we should go down because it could be dangerous she said. I didn't listen to her and skimmed down the rope. Shadows creeped along the walls as the light beamed in charlotte yelled at me” is it self i'll come down,”” yeah think so I yelled back. Charlotte skimmed down the rope waiting I heard a sudden movement above us.


Slam!!!The wood I cried oh no”it could not of shut by itself someone must of put the wood back cried charlotte “its pitch dark” I cried. I walked straight into something what was it charlotte ran over see what happened she almost did it as well it felt hard like metal charlotte reached out to see what it was a solid piece of iron. We both got excited this must be priceless I said lets see if we can get back up. Charlotte climbed the rope I held the tight at the bottom charlotte  took one  hand of the rope she and pushed and pushed until  it flung off.


Charlotte climbed out and waited for me before I started to climb I stepped  on something soft I bend  down it was a dairy why is a dairy I called out to charlotte I found a dairy I’ll bring it up I put it in my pocket. Heaving  up the rope I thought of all the secrets that the diary may tell heaps maybe how this ship got landed here or may say who was on board. I got to the top with lots of puffing. Charlotte and I went back to where the little trap door and sat down and began reading from the sunlight. The the first page of the dairy said
It was a rough night the waves were big sailors fell overboard Don't where the ships going my dads dead I don't know what to do
  I think I might die because the sea just getting too rough. But first the captains dead its unbearable


Melodie
Who melodie charlotte explained maybe she was on the ship at the time I said what if she died charlotte said. She might of I said lets check out the second page I said it might tell us a bit more
. The anchor suck it can't move its stuck to a rock I think I might die.
This might be my last note before I die or the boat sinks.
Last night it felt like something might.
Haunting the ship.There is only one crew member left.
I think if we don't get saved we are going to die together.
Melodie
A ghost” I whimper” It can't be matilda they don’t exist” said charlotte I suppose. Lets go explore even more charlotte said jumping around. Ok ok” coming lets go for another look” I don't think anyone's here” I said. Lets go and see if we can see what's inside apart from the iron I think I have a torch in the boat I’ll go and get it. After 5 minutes charlotte was back with the torch.

Together we made our way to the piece of wood I went first waiting in the dark for Charlotte. Charlotte flicked on her torch and we looked around there was a door at the end we ran over it was locked matilda matilda do you have the key” “ yes here it is it slid into the keyhole perfectly. Slowly we walked forward not knowing what was in front of us. A bed what is a tatty bed doing down here maybe its was melodies cabin look its a dressers. Lets look inside clothes It must be melodies clothes. It must be getting late we should start to head back said charlotte we headed started to head back through the dark tunnel what an adventure. Once finished climbing up the rope we headed back to our boat and that was such a great adventure I still wish I could come back to the floating forest.

pic.twitter.com/d8nOQo8EwQ

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Matilda.
    Love the vocabulary.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete