Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Yacht making

YACHT REFLECTIONS

Positives
Our rudder was the best part of our boat. It was connected to the tiller. It turns quite well.. I think our team worked well. We finished our boat. We didn't think we would. Luckily we did not lose any parts but cam got one taken off us. The stuff we used were
Cardboard, Black paper, Split pin, Popsicle sticks, Paper clip, 2m sellotape, Paintbrush,  Blue Cellophane and a rubbish bag

Negatives
Our yacht turned out alright but the sail did not. Our sail is all wobbly and not in the right place.  I think my group worked ok but sometimes Cameron D was off task and not helping, though he did help at times.



Interesting
I think our name was interesting it was called The Blue Beauty, Georgia made the name up. Our rudder and tiller moved together some peoples did not move together. Our centre board does not go down all the way because has a lock so water cannot leak in. It was interesting to put the boat together because  it was my first time making a yacht. Another interesting thing was learning where all the parts went.

Modifications I would make  
I would fix up the mast because it was all wonky and does not  stand up straight. I think we could also shrink the buoyancy tanks by a tiny bit. I would also enlarge the sail a little bit because it is too small and won't sail that far. I would also redo the boom because it does not have the pulleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment