Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Turbulance

\


Fortune Favours The Bold
Mr Browns December Precept. Precept from the book Wonder!

Yay! I cant wait to see Mum, Pippi and Oscar and guess what, we were going on the hobbit plane. But then I am sad because I am leaving London. Excitedly Dad and I boarded the plane first passenger on. My seat was so comfy. It took forever to take off because there was so many planes that wanted to take off and land it must of took at least 20 minutes. Broom! Broom! we speed off down the runway and into the air, take off must be my worst part. Then my ears popped! Once we were at our altitude we were going to fly at. The safety video came on and interrupted my movie, I was watching. Dad offered to put my seat back into a bed but I said no because I won’t be able to sleep and I found it uncomfy. I went to sleep in a flash, soon enough I was awake.

I woke suddenly to find that the plane was shaking it was so scary I tried not to cry it was so hard not to it was like the plane was going to crash. I was shaking all over, I kept tapping dads leg till he woke up. The pilot said that the stewarts and hostesses have to take their seats. That was a good choice because they would off just kept falling over. Every little bump we must have been falling 3 metres and then regained. Dad was scared deep down but he did not show it. This happened for 20 nonstop scary minutes. Lucky enough we were flying over Greenland, at least we were on land. In the middle it stopped for about 2 minutes then I tried to get back to sleep but then there was a massive bump and I jumped. Then it continued it was like it was going to crash and at last the pilots said that the flight crew could get up and walk around.

When it was all over I was so glad and so happy the plane did not crash. Kindly a hostess came over to me and asked if I was alright but she also said that was the worst turbulence she had had in three years her whole flight crew experience, thats how bad it was. That made me feel even more scared. That I have witnessed very very bad turbulence. My dad told the hostess that he is not going to be able to get on the next plane from LA to Auckland. Basically I did not sleep a wink the rest of the flight, I might of dozed off for a little while and then woke up with a jump. Overall I was happy that I choose to keep my seat up. Across the aisle from me was the prime minister of Samoa throughout the whole turbulence he did not move a muscle.

What good came out of the flight, that the plane did not crash. Also I had to trust the pilots and lucky enough it paid off. I am proud that I got through it without crying but I was whimpering, quite loudly.










IMG_5453.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. You really have worked well on your structure and sentence starters, Matilda.

    Great job with beginning, middle and end, as well as paragraphing. Love the expressive recording of your first paragraph. Your voice sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Matilda.
    It must of been scary.
    You did a good job on paragraphing and it was a good piece of writing.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete