Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Minions Prompt


WALT punctuate speech correctly

  • ‘speech marks’ at the start and end of each talking part

  • new line (enter) when the speaker changes

  • comma, exclamation mark, question mark before the closing speech mark

  • comma before person talks, if it comes after the information of who’s talking


It all started one Saturday afternoon when, well, everything seemed normal. At exactly 2:23 there was knock on my door. Very funny laughs came from outside, I opened the door. There were short funny looking yellow things, on the doorstep to be precise.

"Hello, how can I help you," I said looking at them with great interest. The one with one eye replied,

"We are minions we do your housework and anything else you wish, but for only one  week. " Confused, I invited them in I sat down on the the sofa and they lined up seven minions. That's what they called themselves. I said " Take me to Paris." And that they did so. They grabbed me and my money and dragged me to the airport, and got us a plane to Paris. Can you guess how many seats we got? "yes," we got nine, apparently money needs a seat. When we were waiting for the flight I asked them their names. They lined up yet again. The one that spoke at the front door said,


" Hello my name is Bob and I like ice cream," he said cheekily. The second one was quite shy and whispered it, Bob sighed "Frank, why do you have to be so shy, well anyway that's Frank." Suddenly there was a yellow flying thing coming at my face

" Hello it said I'm BooBoo I am a baby minion, I like keeping people company."

" Right ,"I said " Who's next " I asked. Two minions spoke "We are Steve and Dude and we are twins".  Almost after the twins finished talking another minion started.

"I am Bill and I only work on Saturday," Bill said. There was one more funny looking one he said " Hello I am Sunday and I only work on Wednesday."


When we arrived in Paris I was so tired. Do you know how much minions talk? It was horrible. It was late when we arrived so we went straight to our hotel. But soon enough it was morning and the minions wanted to go bungy jumping of the Eiffel Tower. But before they realised anything else, the twins yelled "I want breakfast." So for breakfast we had bananas and ice cream because that's minions' favourite food. An hour later we were up the the Eiffel tower. I thought they meant to do what I wanted to do and do my chores, not what they wanted. As I said earlier they wanted to go bungy jumping they even brought their own ropes. The were harnessed up in no time. I don't even think you're allowed to jump off. But anyway 3,2,1 and they were gone. Well anyway you don't want to know what happened during the week. I will save it for a another time.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Matilda.
    That was a very descriptive story.
    I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete