Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Imaginary Trip to Mars!

This is my imaginary trip to Mars. If I really went I would be living there forever.
Write an imaginary story about your trip to Mars
WALT organise our ideas into an effective structure
Success Criteria
Beginning, middle and end (like a hamburger)
Paragraph groups of ideas
Some complex sentences 
Use of topic words from space
Imagination and excitement!


I  am so nervous never seeing my family again. That's normally a child's worst nightmare. Not so much for me I am so excited, but I do have little jitters. Although I will be quite sad. I did not know what to take at first I put all my prized possessions in and most of my clothes. We were three months through the flight I was thinking hard what Mars will really look and feel like. Every day I thought hard about my parents, I was sure they would be missing me. It helped when I did my fitness I just thought hard about getting all my muscles working and keeping fit. When it came to food time I was always ready and enthusiastic to try new foods, that's if there was any. Don't get me started sleeping is the worst part especially when it is bumpy you just shake and sometimes you bang your head. Honestly some days I do not get any sleep. Then I just sleep all day. It's much harder to know when you go to bed because it's basically dark all day.

A few more months went by then we started our descents into mars. As always I would just stop and stare and think about life on Mars. Just then it appeared outside the spacecraft. OMG I can not wait. I went and asked how long it would be until we were there they said about 2 and half days. That was not that long I thought to myself but then it hit I just bursted into tears. Never going to see my family. I was a brave wreck, I wiped my tears away and went and sat down. My mind flickered with amazing ideas like I am going to see the Mars rover, there might even be life that we discover. Maybe I will meet a new friend. All there's ideas made me fall asleep without even being strapped so I would not float around. I woke up with a jump and looked out my window there was little rocks flying everywhere I was so scared. What is happening to me, I am going to die. I made my way to where the other crew were well where Tracey and Maia were anyway. They said we were heading through a bumpy patch. Well I knew that was not quite true there were  rocks flying from every direction.

 I went and sat down strapped myself up tight with the seatbelt and whimpered I was so scared. But I did understand it was all what the plan had said. They can not do anything if the spacecraft crashes we are to far away to do anything. Kyra walked over to me and asked what was happening I shrugged and said I did not know. After at least 6 hours of rocks flying everywhere it calmed and we were able to sleep. The spacecraft was set on cruise and us four all headed to bed. Maia did not sleep she just sat gazing out one of the windows. Slowly I drifted over to her we sat there huddled together and we just slowly drifted off to sleep. We must of been sleeping for at least 15 hours. We moved quite a lot but we still did not wake up. I opened my eyes to see Tracey and Kyra were already up but Maia was still asleep. 

I walked into the kitchen area and there they were. They told me something I can not even tell you until it happens you will see. We all hid, Maia walked out we jumped and yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAIA. She screamed for delight we also have another birthday surprise close your eyes and come over here, we walked her over to the window she opened her eyes and screamed. We are on mars over and over. We got our special space suits on and headed to the exit. Since it was Maias birthday she went first, I went second, Kyra third and Tracey fourth. We all screamed inside our space suits and took silly photos. Then Kyra spotted the Mars rover, we went over to it was not that big though. But it was big enough I gathered some rocks and dirt. Slowly and happily we walked back to the spacecraft plugged the camera thing in and it send them backs to NASAs base back on earth I put the rocks and dirt in a container and went and got changed.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Matilda
    I really like the story
    and great fotobabble
    sincerely Brayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entertaining writing, Matilda. I can imagine you four girls taking silly pictures of each other, while you are in spacesuits exploring Mars! Love the Fotobabble too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this is just a spacey story as I would never let you go that far away forever x mum

    ReplyDelete