Monday, August 25, 2014

When The Chairlift Broke

Zooming down the steepest bit I skied along the flat slope at top speed, I skied into the lanes and met up with my cousin Gabriella. We skied over to the T-bar this time in front of Mat and Fleur. We went up. It felt like we were going to fall off bump "arr" what was that ohh good it was only a rock. As we went up the big hill I almost fell off backwards, we pulled with all our might so we did not go flying off. When we were at the top I skied off perfectly I changed sides quickly though because I was on the wrong one. As Fleur and Mat got to the top shivering Mat said " He would meet us at the bottom" I Zoomed off first, But I was soon overtaken by Gabby. There was this little girl in front of me going so slow and I and could not get pass.

Eventually I made it to the chairlift Gabby was already halfway to the front so Fleur and I skied smoothly over to her and took our skis off. The chairlift stopped working for a few minutes then someone came out and said one of the chairs on the chairlift was having problems and they are taking it off at the other end, There will be a ten - fifteen minute wait. Gabby immediately said she was skiing down the mountain Fleur and I were not sking down. We started this debate. I said "what if one of us gets hurt what will we do then" She replied "one of us will stay with the person that's hurt and one will go get help", "we don't know the weather or how steep we do not know where to go" said Fleur. "Well I do" said Gabby. "No you don't I said we have never skied down it" Gabby said "I will go and see how the weather is " she came back and said the weather is foggy but still it will be fine lets go". Before she could do anything Fleur and I grabbed her skis. She tryed to get her skis back but we did not let her she came right to my face and said "Give them back" with very cross voice I hit her so softly we all cracked into hysterically laughter. She offered us a mint we said yes.

The same person came out and told us that ski patrol was coming to take confident skiers down the mountain and also the cafe was open to go and sit down in the warm. Gabby instantly said I am sking down with ski patrol and soon they arrived and told us what was happening. I slowly and eventually started crying. A man said let's get you to ski patrol a lady said are you girls by yourselves we said "yes". She said borrow my cellphone but as she started getting it out of her pocket the chairlift started working again. The lady took us up to the front and said these girls are by them selfs they put us on the chairlift immediately.

The chairlift ran smoothly out of the station and picked up speed so fast we all gave a little scream. It carried on for another minute them stopped what was that it was too foggy to see anything. We hoped we were not going to be stuck again but off the ground. We kept a look out for the missing chair it was unlucky number nine. Gabby said seven eight nine for in simpler words seven ate nine. Overall it was so scary.





 

1 comment:

  1. What amazing adventures you have, Matilda. I love the details that you share with the reader.

    ReplyDelete