Friday, October 17, 2014

The Best Part Of Me

My eyes


They float away to another world when I sleep
When I wake up they are dazy and sleepy
They help me see
They help me do
The chores I occasionally do

They shimmer in the sun
They grow bigger than my belly when they see a pink bun
They see in the dark 
They see in the light 
What's not to like about my incredble eyes

They get me around corners    
They get me a'bout 
They get me up mountains
They get me down trees
They let me see animals
They give me me mind blowing views
My eyes led to my incredible friends 

Hazel Brown maybe the the colour of my eyes
But the colour does not matter to me 
All I want is too see beyond the meadows and seas
And the city's and the towns 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem and stunning photo of the best part of you, Matilda!

    ReplyDelete