Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Caving At Camp


Squelch Slurp  as I trampled through sticky mud. I listened to the car or truck go past. I started to climb up my hands got dirty from the sandstone. Waiting so patiently my turn


Gripping tight to the rope I went down the rope was burning my hands my feet were jumping down onto the rocks Miss Hill I learnt back, My feet touched the rocky ground. Crunch went my shoes on the rocks I looked in front of me there was big rocks and little rocks  even rocks that hung from the rock roof like icicles. Leaping climbing I got to where everyone was. I could hear  water was dribbling down the jagged rocks.


We had to go down a hole in single file line. We had to crawl through it was dark but the torches lit it up as there was like a small canyon with big and small jagged rocks everywhere, I looked up the roof was right above my head. Slowly went up the hole to the top of the hole smile says Miss Hill flash went the camera.

Slowly I heaved myself up my legs felt so stiff and sore. Briskly I walked and jumped back to the group. After a few pictures we headed back waiting again to go up my turn came quickly it was so much easier to go up you just held the rope steep by steep I put my feet on the rocks and pulled myself up.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool.
    But I think you need to put some more vocabulary in it.
    And re-read it

    ReplyDelete
  2. great descriptive words Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Matilda but you forgot a lot of fullstoops and capital letters. You need to re-read it. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool photos matilpda even the whole class has them on their blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to go caving too- Your descriptive caving words conjure up being in a dark damp cave perfectly
    I agree with Greta too don't forget the simple grammar things to make it read fluently
    mummy

    ReplyDelete